Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Ingrid Nilson Comes Out in Emotional New Video

Ingrid Nilsen came out to her fans today in a seriously emotional video she posted to her account. The beauty vlogger sat down for nearly 20 minutes and took the time to go really open up to her fans and answer questions she thinks they may have.

"I guess I am just going to get right to it. There's something that I want you to know. And that something is... I'm gay. It feels so good to say that," she said between tears.

"I'm sitting here today because I care about you guys. You've been a part of my life for the past, almost six years, and this is a really big part of my life. And I want to sit down and talk to you and have this conversation, just like I've had this conversation with friends and people who are close to me in my life."

She then went on to explain how she tried to suppress her feelings for most of her life, and even dated men. However, at 26 years old, she decided that she needed to stop lying to herself and those around her and finally admitted to one of her close friends that she's gay.

"I just felt like I was going to burst if I didn't tell somebody. The first person that came to my mind was my friend Kat, so I basically kind of bugged her all day to see if I could come over. She's amazing and I love her and I just sat and talked to her and I told her everything. And she was just the best," Ingrid said.

"It felt so good to just tell somebody because I was ready and I just feel so incredibly lucky to have such wonderful people around me and I feel like I've gotten closer to all of them because of this."

We're so proud of Ingrid for coming out to her friends and fans – we can't imagine how difficult it must have been!

No comments:

Post a Comment