Thursday, September 10, 2015

Jim Chapman reveals why he and Tanya Burr banned vlogging from their wedding day



When two of the internet’s most famous vloggers got hitched, we thought it would be all over YouTube and Instagram and Twitter – maybe even with a live-stream.

But Jim Chapman and Tanya Burr opted to keep their big day under wraps, only revealing the news on Sunday, three days after the wedding took place. And now Jim has revealed why.


“I just think we wanted our wedding to be very intimate, very private,” he explained. “We share so much of our lives, and we wanted a day where we could just turn everything off. “I didn’t even have my phone on me. It was actually really nice, just to have a day with me and my wife and our really close friends and family.”

But with so many friends who are vloggers, such as Zoella (Zoe Sugg) and Tyler Oakley, keeping the wedding secret required a pre-warning. “We had to have on the invite, ‘Rules: no vlogging, no Snapchat, no social media’,” Jim said. “Everyone took pictures and they’ll be releasing them now. But we wanted to be the ones to announce it.”
A photo posted by Tanya Burr (@tanyaburr) on


Jim has 128 million views on his YouTube channel, while his wife's YouTube channel has 239 million. They have been engaged since 2012 and sometimes appear in each other’s videos to play games and do competitions.



“I was very lucky to find the one I wanted to be with very early on,” Jim said. “I think – you’ve got to keep it fun. We’ve been together now for about nine years, and it’s always fun and exciting.”


A photo posted by Tanya Burr (@tanyaburr) on

No comments:

Post a Comment